Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring is Sprung



Spring is sprung.
The grass is riz.
I wonder where
the flowers is.

OK, this piece of doggerel is a bit lame--well, more like a lot lame--and no, I didn't write it. The famous and prolific author, Anonymous, claims that honor. Or maybe Anonymous didn't want his/her name attached these deathless words, if "riz" is even a word.

I read it a long time ago, and the verse stuck in my mind. I remember it every spring, and then I chuckle. I hope you have a good laugh, too.

We here in New England have had a brutal winter--in Boston, MA, we had the snowiest winter, the coldest month (February, 2015), and March tied for coldest March since records started in 1872. But snow does melt. There are still a few snow piles left, but by the end of the month, they'll be history. Thank heaven.

We're all ready for spring. If you would like a sweet Regency romantic comedy set in this glorious season, you can try my An Inheritance for the Birds or A Similar Taste in Books. Book availability is on the sidebar.

Note: I am putting this blog on hiatus (unless something spectacular happens :) ) until I announce my upcoming book, the next entry in The Feather Fables, which I'll put on pre-order probably in August or September.

Happy Spring.

Thank you all,
Linda

"Gordale Beck". Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gordale_Beck.jpg#/media/File:Gordale_Beck.jpg


No comments: