Sunday, November 23, 2008

NaNoWriMo at 48,104 words, December RWR, and Pumpkinnapper cover

Several things today.

First, my NaNoWriMo count is 48,104, according to Microsoft Word. I'm going to push it to 50,000 tomorrow and then leave it. I planned the story to be 90,000 to 100,000 words, so I'm about half done. I've outlined the rest and I'll flesh it out later.

Second, I was supposed to guest blog today at the Simply Romance Reviews blog, but their last post is for November 17, and I have no idea what's going on. More info when I find out.

Third, for those of you who belong to the RWA, check the inside front cover of the December issue of RWR for The Wild Rose Press ad. My cover for Lady of the Stars is on the bottom row. I received my copy yesterday, so yours should arrive soon. The ad looked great on the computer proof they sent us, but on glossy paper, it's beautiful.

And, last but not least, I just received my cover for Pumpkinnapper. Another gorgeous cover from Nicola Martinez, who also did the Lady of the Stars cover. Pumpkinnapper's expanded blurb and excerpt are on my website on my Books page.

Happy Thanksgiving. And now for my Thanksgiving joke (Don't groan too loudly). Thanksgiving: The one day in the year we give thanks for turkeys.

Thank you all,
Linda

4 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

This is wonderful news, Linda-- about the RWA ad! Beautiful cover art for your new book too. You did your NaNo in less than a month-- that deserves a big congrats!

Thanks for being on my blog yesterday and asking Rhonda such thought provoking questions. You rock!

I’ll check back later to see if you are blogging today. I was actually going to visit you there.

Take care, Happy Thanksgiving and stay in touch... Looking forward to your January release on my blog!!

Linda Banche said...

Hi Kaye, thanks for you support.
Now that NaNo is almost over, I can go back to other things, like promo.

The RWR ad is a co-op. I had to pay to be in it. I just happened to read my mail in time to get on the list. Lucky break for my first book.

I was happy to come to your blog yesterday. I got a lot of good info from Rhonda, and I'll be using it.

Happy Turkey Day.

Jen Black said...

Hi Linda,
love the covers and I like the sound of the Stars story. NaNoWriMo sounds horrendous but you seem to be doing very well with it.
Jen
http://jenblackauthor.blogspot.com

Linda Banche said...

Hi Jen, thanks for your kind words about my books. Yes, NaNoWriMo is rough, but I've almost got a first draft of a story I've been thinking about for a long time.