Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Next Big Thing


So, what’s my Next Big Thing?

An author is tagged to answer 10 questions about his or her work in progress, the Next Big Thing for that person's career. Caroline Clemmons at http://carolineclemmons.blogspot.com and Sheery Gloag at http://sherrygloagtheheartofromance.blogspot.com/ tagged me. Here are the questions and my answers.

What is the working title of your book?
I'm thinking of The Calculations of Love, because the hero is a mathematician, although I usually use Love and the Library #2 because I'm not yet sure of the title. The book will be the next in my Love and the Library series, about four young Regency men who find the ladies of their dreams via Pride and Prejudice at the circulating library.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I wrote the first book, A Similar Taste in Books, as a standalone novelette to try out self-publishing. One of my friends suggest I make it into a series. Since the hero in Book One  has three friends, I decided to give each one a story. Book #2 will feature Mr. Godfrey Coffey. I don't like the name Godfrey, so he'll be using his middle name.

What genre does your book fall under?
A sweet, traditional Regency romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Don’t use actors.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Young man who likes mathematics finds a lady who also likes mathematics, as well as Pride and Prejudice, at the library.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-published.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I’m still writing it. Since I plan each novelette to be about the same length as the first (about 13,000 words), I expect to have it out by March.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
My books come closest to Regency comedies of Barbara Metzger. 

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Continuation of a series.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Since I write comedy, the story will have its share of funny moments.

Here’s the blurb and an excerpt of (your title)
I'm not that far yet. *g* Please check back.

Now, for the next five authors to follow. Please visit their blogs to find out their Next Big Thing.

Lindsay Townsend at http://www.lindsaytownsend.net/

Thank you all,
Linda

3 comments:

Jana Richards said...

Best of luck with your series, Linda. Is this your first?

Jana

Anonymous said...

I love these interviews. Good job.

Linda Banche said...

Thanks, Jana. Yes, this is my first series. I confess, I don't much like series. I hate coming in on the middle. But, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks, Ella. I appreciate it.