Thursday, December 16, 2010

Free Austen eBooks for Jane's Birthday!

December 16th is Jane Austen’s 235th birthday!

Sourcebooks, the world’s leading publisher of Jane Austen fiction, is offering a unique deal to readers who want to celebrate Jane by reading special editions of all six of Austen’s beloved novels in a 21st century format.

Special e-book editions of Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion and Mansfield Park will be available for free on December 16 and 17 only. These celebratory editions include the full novels, plus the legendary color illustrations of the Brock brothers, originally created to accompany the books in 1898.

In addition to the Jane Austen classics, readers can also enjoy these bestselling Austen-inspired novels. The following bestselling e-books will also be free on December 16th and 17th in honor of her birthday:

Eliza’s Daughter by Joan Aiken
The Darcys & the Bingleys by Marsha Altman
Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife by Linda Berdoll
What Would Jane Austen Do? by Laurie Brown
The Pemberley Chronicles by Rebecca Ann Collins
The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview
Mr. Darcy’s Diary by Amanda Grange
Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan
Lydia Bennet’s Story by Jane Odiwe
Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy by Abigail Reynolds

Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Sony, Google Books, iBooks and the Sourcebooks site.

Link to all the books in this offer here: http://www.sourcebooks.com/component/content/article/63-marketing-and-publicity/1583-jane-austen.html


8 comments:

catslady said...

It's probably just me lol but I can't seem to find them? I went to Sourcebooks and searched but came up with nothing?

Linda Banche said...

No, catslady, you're not the only one. Go to http://www.sourcebooks.com/store/

Select Fiction, Jane Austen sequels. Find one of the books in the list, and click on the book. When the page with the book comes up, select PDF or epub. You'll notice there is no price for the ebooks.

But they still have problems. I can't find the illustrated Jane Austen novels on the Sourcebooks site. I now have the 10 sequels in my cart, but it won't let me check out.

catslady said...

I saw only 4 books that were free - all Jane Austen (Not Emma or P&P). They said it was sent. I guess I'll try back later. Thanks.

Linda Banche said...

I just found out where all the books are. See the big link near the end of the post.

catslady said...

Before I saw your last message I contacted Beth and she gave me the link - everything worked perfectly! Thanks!! Now I just need the time to read them on my computer lol.

Adelle Laudan said...

I tried to checkout and it only gave United States and Puerto Rico as an option under Country. I live in Canada and can't finish the process with out it. Not sure if you know how to fix this or not.
You have my email address. Sure is a terrific offer, hope I can get them.

Linda Banche said...

Adelle,

They're having problems. These are ebooks, and you should be able to download them in Canada. Canada is in the same area as the US.

I was having trouble yesterday, too. I could have sworn Canada was an option.

The email address for problems is orders@sourcebooks.com

Go into your Sourcebooks account and click on Downloads. The books are probably there. If they are, download them.

Linda Banche said...

Adelle, you can also try the Sony store. They have the books, too.