Friday, October 1, 2010

Review: IN THE ARMS OF MR. DARCY by Sharon Lathan


In the Arms of Mr. Darcy is the latest installment in Sharon Lathan's joyous celebration of married love, Regency style.

A year has passed since Darcy's and Elizabeth's wedding. The story opens with a Christmas party at Pemberley where they introduce their brand-new son, Alexander. Compared to their tumultuous courtship, Darcy's and Elizabeth's lives are now mainly happy, with, of course, a little sturm und drang along the way.

Darcy must deal with the business and emotional fallout of a death that occurred when a cotton mill he owns burns down. A nervous Elizabeth and Georgiana suffer through the gyrations required for their presentation at court. The Darcys enjoy a trip to the Peaks District, except when a falling boulder threatens Elizabeth and Alexander. Darcy, true hero that he is, whisks them to safety.

Although Elizabeth and Darcy revel in domestic bliss, other members of their family are not so lucky. Elizabeth's sister, Kitty, enjoys and suffers through her first fluttering of love. And Col. Fitzwilliam's tentative romance with a lady who caught his eye years ago resurfaces. I love Col. Fitzwilliam's story. I've added him right next to Mr. Darcy on my Favorite Heroes list.

If most of these events sound ordinary, it's because they are. Ms. Lathan's genius is to spin the everyday occurrences of married life into a page-turner. In a world full of strife, this book full of happiness is a treat for all.

Sharon Lathan will guest here on Monday, October 4. Leave a comment on her post for a chance to win one of two copies of In the Arms of Mr. Darcy. US and Canada residents only are eligible for the book giveaway.

Thank you all,
Linda
ARC provided by Sourcebooks

7 comments:

catslady said...

I'm looking forward to it. Sounds like another good one.

Sharon Lathan said...

Thank you, Linda. I appreciate the lovely synopsis of my novel and your positive response. "Genius" is pretty cool! LOL! I am looking forward to hanging out with you and your readers on Monday. So fun!!

Linda Banche said...

Catslady, it is another good one. I enjoyed it very much.

You're welcome, Sharon. Hey, "genius" suits you. I love your Mr. Darcy, and your Col. Fitzwilliams is right up there on my list of to-die-for heroes.

Sharon Lathan said...

Ah, thanks for mentioning the poor Colonel! Richard tends to get ignored with Darcy-love! I do adore my Colonel and was happy to give him the life her deserved. Thanks Linda!i

Vee said...

Enjoyed reading your review Linda!
Sharon's beautfully woven story of our favourite characters Darcy and Lizzy continues to excite with loads of passion and love. So many other characters that only had small roles in the original are brought to life by Sharons amazingly captivating tale! I agree with all of you Richard is a real fav of mine in this series!
TSBO devotee
Vee

cellynyfl said...

I am so spellbound by Sharon's books! At the moment, I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my book (In the Arms of Mr. Darcy) from Amazon.

Sharon Lathon never ceases to entertain me with her beautiful book saga! Every book just keeps getting better & better!!!! I hope they never stop coming!

Linda Banche said...

Hi Vee, and thanks. I loved this book, too. Glad you came over.