Sunday, April 12, 2009

Query Tracker Blog Agent Contest Tomorrow, April 13


Query Tracker is having a blurb contest tomorrow.

Agent Joanna Stampfel-Volpe of Nancy Coffey Literary will judge the one sentence hooks (also called loglines or blurbs) submitted in the contest.

The contest starts at April 13, 2009 at 9AM Eastern time, and runs for 24 hours, until 9AM Eastern time Tuesday April 14. For more information, here's the link:
http://querytracker.blogspot.com/2009/04/publishing-pulse-week-of-4609.html

Note: The official opening post will be on the querytracker blog April 13 at 9AM Eastern. So check there for the official rules.

For examples, here are two of my one-line blurbs--I will NOT be submitting these.

Lady of the Stars--A legend spanning time, and the man and woman caught in it.

Pumpkinnapper--Pumpkin thieves, a youthful love rekindled and a jealous goose, oh my.

Whether these two would win a contest is anybody's guess. But a little practice doesn't hurt.

So send out your blurbs and see what happens.

Thank you all,
Linda

9 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

This is very cool. Thanks Linda! I may have to give it a try.

Linda Banche said...

Hi Kaye. You may as well try. It can't hurt. Good luck.

Suzette Saxton said...

You are so sweet to post about our contest! Thank you, thank you, thank you! We'll have more contests coming in the future. ;)

Linda Banche said...

Suzette, thanks for coming to my blog. As for the contest, I have my fingers crossed.

Suzette Saxton said...

I'm keeping fingers crossed for you, Linda!

Linda Banche said...

Suzette, thank you. Very nice of you.

Linda Banche said...

Update--I did NOT win. Sniff. But that's OK. I'll keep trying.

Ronald said...

Sorry you didn't win Linda, but that's ok. Like my creative writing teacher says "You must have thick skins to be an author." (Means you can't give up)

Linda Banche said...

Well, Ronald, my middle name is "Persistent". That's French for "too stupid to give up". **grins**